Monday, July 7, 2008

Greer cabin!!

We got the chance to get out of the heat for a few days and go to our familty cabin in Greer. We had a blast. It was so fun to do something different with my girls because it seems whenever we go on vacation it tends to be somewhere with a beach. My girls loved it. They played outside for hours making forts, exploring , hide and go seek, anything and everything they did. Here are a few pictures.


The girls learned how to shoot a BB gun. SCAREY!!




We went to a great parade in downtown Springer ville. The kids loved it. Every float that went by threw out candy.



Sadie and I!

At the lake with grandpa.



There was a festival downtown Greer with all kinds of games, and all my girls wanted to do was pet the horse.

When I was little we would search for horny toads for hours. I couldn't believe it when my girls came up to me with a little horny toad of their own.



One of my favorite things is at the end of the day when you take a bath, put on clean pajamas and have a fire. And, you can't have a fire without roasting marshmallows.



The girls and I on the back porch.

4 comments:

Lisa W said...

Hey..we were at the same parade!! Only we sat on the Eagar end of the parade. Trevor's parents live there and it is our favorite place to spend the fourth. I love the small town celebrations! Trevor's dad was in the parade--he was the rockin' Brigham Young, if you happened to remember. Looks like you guys had a great time!!

The Silly Nilly Family said...

That looks like a dream vacation. Seriously, a cabin in the high tops sounds so good to us right now. Your girls are so darling, I'm sure they loved finding the horny toads. How cute is that. I'm glad you guys had a good time.

The Silly Nilly Family said...

Jessie says: Hi Kiley, hope you had fun at your cabin. That horny toad looked really cool. That's all. Goodbye.

Sheri Lee said...

Jealous! Looks like fun! Wish we had gotten out of the heat, too.